If you have undergone a process of teeth whitening, you represent that great care in grooming sets. And if you have gone through all these problems of bleached teeth, you obviously do not want to lose all that whiteness again.
You should take all necessary measures to maintain the whiteness of your teeth from Coastal Smiles Family Dentistry. After all, a method of teeth whitening is a long term investment that should be maintained.
Otherwise, you would have to invest time and money again to have white teeth again.
Tips to keep your teeth after undergoing a teeth whitening procedure:
- Rinse your mouth or brush your teeth every time you finish eating. Use an antibacterial mouthwash or toothpaste that has whitening properties. The fastest way to lose the whiteness of your teeth are stained and discolored by the food you eat. The longer food remains in the mouth, the faster they will affect the color of your teeth.
- Use toothpaste that has teeth whitening properties from a dentist Wilmington NC. Use it regularly after every meal and you can be pretty sure that you will have white teeth for a long time. The toothpaste with whitening properties protects teeth from staining and fading.
- If you are a hard drinker of coffee, soda or tea and just cannot kick the habit, drink through a straw. The straw protects teeth from stains and discoloration due to caffeine exceed teeth. Of course, if you can live without caffeine, this would be a much better way to not only keep your teeth white, will also be much healthier.
- If possible, avoid using lipstick as certain types of lipsticks can stain teeth and cause discoloration.
- For a minimum of 24 hours after teeth whitening treatment avoid consuming coffee, tea, dark sodas, red wine, fruit, candy, red sauces, beets, chocolate or any other food that has a tendency to stain teeth. A good guideline is, if you stain a white shirt, stained teeth.
- Treat teeth whitening as an investment. You do not want to lose by not having the necessary care to keep your teeth.
- Refrain from smoking. Smoking is a major cause of discoloration and then smoking stain your teeth whitened quickly.
To be sure that your teeth stays white and healthy, make sure you keep your appointments up at the dental clinic at http://www.coastal-smiles.com/